I will defend my favorite character faster than myself
Just imagine if Sirius had raised Harry…
Just a friendly reminder that when Harry was in third year, he thought about letting himself get attacked by dementors just so he could hear his parents voices.
characters that go through hell yet still believe in the goodness of humanity, still hope for the best despite everything, refuse to let darkness consume them because someone somewhere is always going to be good are literally my favourite, because they give me that little hope too
it’s always funny when ppl are like ‘harry was whiny in ootp and acted out’ bc i know i wouldve been 10x worse in that same situation
this is how i really imagined him
believeinprongs said:"It's only dying a little bit later than I would have" HOW MANY ELEVEN YEAR OLDS DO WE KNOW CAN SAY THIS WITHOUT TREMBLING MY FUCKING BABY HARRY
NO LET’S TALK ABOUT ELEVEN YEAR OLD HARRY RIGHT
ELEVEN YEAR OLD HARRY WHO LITERALLY CANNOT REMEMBER A SINGLE PERSON WHO LOVED HIM
WHO LIVED IN A GODDAMN CUPBOARD FOR ELEVEN YEARS
WHO, UPON FINDING OUT HE WAS A WIZARD, THOUGHT NOT ‘FINALLY, I CAN GET OUT OF HERE AND ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE’, BUT ‘THAT CAN’T BE RIGHT, I’M JUST HARRY’.
WHO ONLY EVER VALUED THOSE WHO WERE KIND TO HIM, NOT THOSE WHO HAD MONEY, DESPITE BEING AGAIN ELEVEN AND SUDDENLY INDEPENDENT OF THE CHOKE CHAINS THAT WERE THE DURSLEYS AND WITH MORE MONEY THAN HE KNEW WHAT TO DO WITH
ELEVEN YEAR OLD HARRY WHO WENT ABOUT LIFE WITH NOBODY NOTICING HIM FOR TEN YEARS AND THEN SUDDENLY FOUND HIMSELF THE WIZARDING WORLD’S NEWEST CELEBRITY, WHOSE FAME NEVER WENT TO HIS HEAD AND JUST SORT OF MADE HIM A BIT UNCOMFORTABLE, BUT WHO DEALT WITH IT ALL WITH SURPRISING GRACE FOR AN ELEVEN YEAR OLD
WHO FACED A MOTHERFUCKING TROLL DOWN FOR A GIRL HE DIDN’T EVEN REALLY LIKE BECAUSE HE DIDN’T EVEN SEE ANY OTHER OPTION
WHO FLEW A FUCKING BROOM - IN THE SKY!!! MULTIPLE FEET ABOVE THE GROUND!!! THAT HE’D NEVER LEARNED HOW TO RIDE!!!!! - TO SAVE NEVILLE’S REMEMBERALL FROM MALFOY BECAUSE NEVILLE HAD BROKEN HIS ARM AND MALFOY WAS BEING A GIT ABOUT IT. A BALL. NOT EVEN A PERSON.
WHO SAT THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW IN FRONT OF A MIRROR SO HE COULD SEE HIS PARENTS AND DIDN’T GET BITTER ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY WERE GONE BUT MADE THE MATURE DECISION TO NOT GO ANY MORE BECAUSE IT WASN’T WHAT WAS RIGHT FOR HIM
WHO TOLD NEVILLE ‘YOU’RE WORTH TWELVE OF MALFOY’ AND GAVE HIM HIS LAST CHOCOLATE FROG
WHO TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO PROTECT QUIRRELL FROM SNAPE, BLESS HIM.
WHO FACED VOLDEMORT, WHO KILLED HIS PARENTS AND TRIED TO KILL HIM, WHO WAS A RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL HOMICIDAL MANIAC, WITHOUT EVEN A COMPLAINT BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ONLY PATH HE SAW.
TO ELEVEN YEAR OLD HARRY, THE RIGHT THING TO DO WAS THE ONLY THING TO DO
YOUR FAVES COULD LITERALLY NEVER
IT’S BEEN TWO PAGES SINCE THEY MET AND THEIR FRIENDSHIP IS ALREADY TEN TIMES BETTER THAN IN THE MOVIES
this 12 year old describes a girl as “glowing like the setting sun” when she blushes and people wonder why they ended up married [x]
one of my personal favourite moments
Ginny Weasley 30 day Character Challenge: Day 10
Who is her ideal life partner in your opinion? Is it Harry, anyone else from HP or an OC?
Harry is Ginny’s ideal match and life partner. How do i know this? Let me count the ways….
1. JK created them to be soulmates. It really doesn’t get better than that. They are each other’s perfect complements.
2. Harry is the one Ginny wanted. This is an incontestable fact. She loved him from the very beginning. And her love only grew and matured with age.
3. Their shared experience of having their souls so intimately touched by Voldemort makes them ideally suited to understand each other’s demons and help each other deal with them.
4. Harry loves Ginny and has always cared for her. All seven books have instances of Harry noticing Ginny, worrying about her, disapproving of her brothers’ treatment of her, gently dispelling her fears, being attracted to her, and loving her. What more could a girl want?
5. Harry shares her sense of humor and values the same things as Ginny does. I have no doubt that Harry would be her fiercest defender and biggest cheerleader in all her endeavors.
6. Harry would never underestimate Ginny. Ginny is surrounded by men, and a mother, whose aim is to coddle her and protect her, severely underestimating her in the process. Little wonder she could hardly bear Dean’s gentlemanly overtures towards her. Harry, despite his extreme urge to protect her during the war, doesn’t underestimate her and is fully cognizant of her abilities. I think he would not come between Ginny and her independence.
7. Harry brings out the best in Ginny. He brings out her fierceness (no one, not even Hermione criticizes Harry in her presence) and her tenderness. He challenges her, and inspires her. And best of all, she knows she can trust him with her life.
"Harry then did something that was both very brave and very stupid."
Harry’s entire life ever summarized into one nice phrase in Chapter 10 of SS (via the-spunky-fox)